Tuesday, May 4, 2010

American vs Brazilian question


I just returned from Brazil where I spend some time with friends and some time in the Jungle with tin miners. It was hot. I took many photos and brought a lot of impressions. Two things happened. One in Brazil and the other upon return.

In Brazil I went buying gifts. The young attractive woman in her mid-twenties asked me who I am buying gifts for? I told that it was my kids. She asked me how many I had had. I answered. Then she asked the question that I was never asked before. Are the children from the same woman? That was signature Brazilian question since many people have children with more than one person.

When I came home and started showing my photos to my acquaintances one woman asked me signature American question after looking at my pictures. At first I did not understand the question since I am not an American and not a puritan. This is a picture attached to this posting. The girl is standing by her grand father. She is probably 2.5-3 yo.  The American woman asked me when do Brazilian girls start wearing shirts?  I guess it is very important... I would not know since I am not a Brazilian. But I doubt any Brazilian ever thought about it.

No comments: