Saturday, December 20, 2014

The artist mean free

I was deciphering the phrase written in the article about artist Darja Bajagic:  She was sick for “being okay, as a woman, with these kinds of images even existing in the world, let alone propelling them in paintings and in the gallery system.”  I went on reading her interviews and looking at the images she images created.  I liked the fact that it is a woman who is researching and creating such art. Refreshing.
I am not a feminist.  I am not even a woman. I am the artist, poet, thinker.  Only I will decide when I want to change and how I want to change myself. 
I am also sick… just like Darja Bajagic of people (and artists) telling other artists what they should and should not do, think or should not think.  Everyone wants to play amateur psychologists to the artists and amateur interior designer to their friends. Your depression, anger, aggression, complexes, insecurities need to be medically treated - not shared with friends or forced on others.
Do not tell others to do what seems right for you.  Face it!  It does not work, did not work and will not work. Especially when men advise a woman and woman advises a man.  Men and women wired differently.  We act the way we were designed by nature.  Men have their needs and those needs must be satisfied. So do women.  You want to be a woman?  Great!  I want to be a man.  So let me be a man and I will let you be a woman.  
You want to be treated in a certain way I cannot deliver then seek the place where it will happen. And what if such place does not exist?   So much energy wasted by trying to fit the real world into a fantasy.  The world is not going to stand on its toes because you “can get mad”.  And neither will I.  Get over it…

The world is not a book.  The world is just is.  Thanks you Darja Bajagic 

No comments: