Monday, December 22, 2014

Why most New Year resolutions fail or how can you treat your lower back pain

You know everything you need to know to be healthy and happy.  Why are you not?  Majority of people prefer to do what is easy instead of what is right for their body. One complaint that I routinely hear is about the lower back pain. Sure the advertisers may say “you should check it with your doctor”.  Check it if you want.  The majority of us already know the answer or had an examination done.  You need to check it with your lifestyle.

Why most diets fail?  Why most New Year resolutions fail? To have a long term effect you have to make a lifestyle adjustment. And the change must be easy and enjoyable. Otherwise you will fail again.  To get rid of your lower back pain you must constantly strengthen your abdominal muscles.  Because most of us are working in the office for 8 hours a day, we do not exercise them.  The back muscles have to compensate for that and they are overworked. You get a spasm.  We all have 24 hours per day and make choices how to invest time.  The best choice you can make is spend 1 hour a day walking and doing sit-ups.

That means you have to walk for 30-50 minutes every day to take care of lower abdominal. And you have to do 200-400 sit-ups per day every second day (10-15 min). You do not have to start with that.  Start with 50 and add 20 every week.  You do not need any particular machine, any fancy cloth, any special space or any membership in the athletic club (which will eat another 30 min of your time every day driving).  Those are good for manufacturers of the products and owners of the clubs.  You do not even need companion.  It’s better to have a date with yourself.

If you spend every day 1 hour walking and doing sit-ups I assure you your lower back will never be in pain again.  In addition it is a great way to do meditation – walking.  And if you become bored you can change a route.  In fact I change my rout every day.  Even a little change makes a difference.  And while walking I can plan my next day since I have a phone with me and a calendar,  I can think though my next day presentation,  I remember to call my parents of Sunday (and write a reminder in the phone).  Because the blood flow increases and oxygen stimulates my brain I have a great date with my destiny.  Try it.  It works.


No comments: